To submit an Online Inquiry, please click here.
To access the Online Application, please click here.
Thank you for your interest in the Adda Clevenger School. On top of a full academic program, students have specialized instruction in music, dance, art, physical education, creativity, speech and drama. Practical application is a central feature of the School's academic as well as arts programs. This is where students learn to maintain focus over extended time periods, to collaborate, to prioritize and organize their time, and to learn how to succeed through a process that includes both hard work and team work. Universal participation in all aspects of the school, both academic and the arts, is a requirement.
To be successful in this physically and intellectually challenging environment, students need strong and constructive support and encouragement from their families. In addition, Adda Clevenger students and their families are expected to be fully supportive of the school community and its programs. For this reason, parents or guardians play a critical role in the admissions process.
The restrictions we place on admission are those of number and academic ability. We assess students by observing their interaction and participation during a 2-3 day school visit, and we request historical records and teacher recommendations in order to ensure compatibility of child and school.
All applications will be treated in a fair and sensitive manner; all admissions materials received are handled and maintained as confidential materials. Adda Clevenger is committed to the concept of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, or other legally impermissible factors.
Application Process (see below for temporary modifications due to San Francisco's Shelter in Place Order):
There are 4 parts to the application process:
- Submit an online inquiry - tell us a little about your child and what interests you about our program.
- R.S.V.P. for an Open Door Friday where you can come visit our school, watch classes and get to know our community. (Our admissions team will send you an invitation after receiving your online inquiry).
- Submit a formal application through our online application.
- Schedule a student shadow visit for your child.
Revised Application Process beginning April 6, 2020:
- Submit an online inquiry (please note, there is no fee for this)
- Submit current or last report cards (except for TK and K applicants).
- Submit the applicable Confidential Teacher Evaluations:
- 1-hour online admissions meeting with parents
- Submit a formal application through our online application (please note, there is a $25 fee for this).
- 15-30 minute online meeting with prospective student, parents and teachers